Dear Environmentality listeners,
Today we decided to take advantage of a great article in the New Internationalist Magazine and we went through a number of myths and misconceptions that are often used by Climate Change deniers to argue their case. Smokey was put on the spot and he definitely rose to the challenge by providing eloquent arguments to counter these myths, and Jaime added a few additional facts from the article.
- CO2 is not a greenhouse gas
- Warming increases before CO2 increases
- Some scientists do not agree with the scientific consensus
- Arctic North West passage now navigable
- The world isn’t really warming
- The world cooled between 1940 and 1970
- Climate change data has been manipulated
- Our winters are colder
- There are other effects greater than humans
- Climate change caused by the sun
- Climate change can have good effects
Remember listeners that you can send SMS questions or comments while the show is on air to 0447 777 989, at the cost of a normal SMS.
So all in all, it was nother chilled out show with music selected by Smokey. You got to hear;
- There is a light that never goes out by The Smiths
- Radio by Teenage Fanclub
- Imitation of Life by REM
- Wonderwall by Oasis.